Morris Pool Services
|Posted by Brad Morris on April 29, 2013 at 10:50 AM|
Hot Tub Cleaning-
Before Draining, put a Spa Purge agent into your hot tub to clean out bacteria from the plumbing lines. Or call us at Morris Pools Company and let one of our skilled professionals do it for you! 816-807-1570
2. Drain your hot tub:
Remember to turn off the power to your hot tub first! Follow your hot tub hand book guide on how to drain your hot tub. Or call the professionals Morris Pool Company.
3. Clean & Sanitize the surface of your spa:
A soft rag or a nylon scrubber should easily remove most dirt on your hot tub shell. Pay special attention to the water lines where sticky build-up can occur. We recommend cleaning the inside of your hot tub with a solution that does not create suds and is not abrasive. For hard-to-clean stains, try a surface cleaner like one made by Brilliance for spas. After cleaning, rinse the hot tub thoroughly to get rid of any cleaning solution residue.
4. Clean your hot tub Pillows:
Carefully remove the pillows (if your spas has them) and use a mild soap and water solution to remove body oils that have built up be sure and rinse them off with clean water!
5. Clean & Protect Your Cover:
Remove your hot tub cover from the spa and spray the cover with a hose to loosen any dirt & debris.
• Use a very mild soap solution (try one teaspoon dishwashing liquid with two gallons of 3. water), or baking soda along with a large sponge or soft bristle brush & scrub the top of the vinyl in a circular motion.
• Do not let the vinyl dry with a soap film on it before it can be rinsed clean.
• Scrub the cover’s perimeter and side flaps. Rinse clean with water.
• Rinse off the underside of the cover with water only (use no soap), and wipe it clean with a dry rag.
• To condition & protect your cover, try a vinyl protectant.
• Take note of any rips & tears in the vinyl of your cover as these issues can cause loss of heat to your hot tub. When it is time to replace your cover give us a call at Morris Pool Company 816-807-1570
6. Clean the exterior cabinet:
Wipe down your cabinet, spraying it with a mild cleanser made from soap & water to remove any stains & residue. There are spray on products available to renew the finish if you want to keep it looking like new.
7. Clean your Filters:
Depending on the type of Hot Tub you have, your filter requires different care & cleaning. Refer to your owner’s manual for proper care. Call a professional to do this for you from Morris Pool Company!